Best Cold Weather Drinks
Baby, its getting cold outside! Time for something to warm your insides on those wonderful crisp autumn nights and into the winter season!
Here are a few of our favorite warm beverage recipes that can easily be doubled or more for a crowd.
Our favorite Hot Chocolate:
4 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
Dash of Cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 ounces dark chocolate (60%) grated or chopped finely
1/4 teaspoon Ancho chile powder (just for a little kick!)
Pinch of salt
1. In a medium saucepan, over low heat, pour in the milk, sugar, cinnamon stick and vanilla.
2. Heat until a very gentle simmer. Then take the saucepan off the heat and allow rest for about 5 minutes for flavors to develop. Be patient!
3. Place back over medium low heat and add chocolate; whisk until completely incorporated and mixture is hot.
4. Add a pinch of salt and ancho chile powder. Divide between 2 mugs and top with marshmallows.
Our Favorite Hot Apple Cider:
4-5 cups apple juice
1/2-3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 ounces spiced rum (optional)
cinnamon sticks and apple slices to garnish
1. In a small pot heat the apple juice, spices and rum (if using) over low/medium heat. Wisk often to blend the spices.
2. Once it's hot pour into two mugs and garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks. Serve warm.
Our Favorite Vanilla Cafe Latte
1/4 cup hot brewed espresso or hot brewed strong coffee
2 teaspoons vanilla-flavored syrup (syrup used to flavor coffee) or 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 -3 tablespoons steamed milk
2 tablespoons frothed milk
Ground cinnamon or grated chocolate
1. Stir in vanilla-flavored syrup into the coffee or espresso. Add steamed milk and top with frothed milk. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon or grated chocolate. Makes 1 servings.
Hot Buttered Rum Drink
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
4 tablespoons softened butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
pinch of nutmeg
1 ounce rum.
Heat all ingredients over a meduium heat. Serve warm.
Those are our favorites and well worth a try. Keep your drinks toasty warm for hours with your Stainless Steel Tumber (YETI, RTIC, LOOP etc) Let us know how we can help you personalize it!