5 Tips to Prepare for Custom Engraving
So you have your __(Fill in the blank)__. You've had it for a while, or maybe you just bought it today. Maybe it's a gift for someone special? A treasured keepsake for a loved one. Birthday, anniversary, or "Get out of the Doghouse" gift? Heck, maybe you're the recipient and you just want to do something nice for yourself. You deserve love too.
Whatever the occasion may be... You want to get this special item personalized. Engraving is the way to go for you, but...... now what?
Take notes from us. We've seen it all.
Here are 5 tips to prepare for custom engraving.
1. Pick out an item that lends itself well to engraving. (This seems like it should be obvious, but it must be said anyway) We engrave lots of pens, knives, cutting boards, glassware, and stainless steel tumbers, but we've also engraved family heirlooms, jewelry, Christmas ornaments, urns, swords, frames etc. etc. etc. The list goes on and on. We love all projects big and small.
2. Decide what you want engraved. This is probably the most important step. What do you want engraved? Is it text? is it a logo, image or photograph? Is it a simple name or monogram, or a sentimental message from the heart? Consider the recipient. You've put thought into the gift. What would THEY want to see?
3. Have a general idea of what you want the end product to be, but also be flexible. Machines have different limits. Having engraved many, many items over the years, our experts may suggest something different than what you had in mind. If your piece is irregular or odd shaped, there may be a certain area that would allow for better engraving over others. We strive for the highest quality engraving for each and every piece that comes into our shop.
4. Make sure you take into account production time. We understand that not everyone thinks of things weeks in advance and sometimes you need things done, like... yesterday. (We're not time Lords, but we can expedite your engraving) Generally, we give most projects a 5-7 business day turn around. Sometimes it is much faster, but its always a good idea to check to make sure it fits within your timeline.
5. Relax and wait... After you bring us your item and fill out a little paperwork, you are done. We will take care of it from start to finish. We're the engraving experts. You'll receive a digital proof before engraving just to double check everything is exactly the way you want it. Then we will contact you when it's ready to be picked up (or shipped).
Hopefully these 5 tips will help ease your stress. We're experts in engraving and we're here to help... its just what we do. If you have any questions, please let us know.